The Advantages of Custom Industrial Coatings
Custom coatings are an important part of many different industries. They help any company add anti-slip, non-stick, photoluminescent, or other characteristics to any surface. This makes it possible to take any product, no matter what it is made out of, and provide it with a custom coating that will give the surface beneficial properties. Here are just a few benefits industries can receive from having a custom coating applied to a surface.
- A hard floor that’s normally slippery can be made non-skid by using a custom coating. This provides an added layer of safety, especially in areas that tend to be slippery. Industries that have floors which tend to become slippery due to large amounts of liquid being spilled on them can benefit greatly from a non-skid coating being applied to the floor.
- Photoluminescent coatings can help provide a bit of light in the darkness if the lights go out. It is important to be able to find your way to safely if it suddenly becomes very dark, and in industrial spaces, this can be very difficult. From dark trenches and small spaces that you have to get into to emergency lighting in case of a power outage, there are numerous benefits you can receive from coating something in a glow in the dark substance.
- A surface that handles sticky substances may operate better if a non-stick surface is applied. This enables the sticky substances to flow more smoothly through the area, which can make many machines work much more quickly and efficiently. Non-stick surfaces are often applied to cookware as well to keep food from sticking to the pots or pans.
- Surfaces that must be able to stand up to various chemicals can benefit from extended durability if the proper custom coating is applied. This enables you to still make the equipment out of a very hard metal, but then you can coat it with a material that resists the chemical that the equipment will be processing. This ensures that the equipment will last a lot longer than it would otherwise.
- Corrosion also becomes less of a concern when you have a custom coating applied. The atmosphere causes the oxidation process, which leads to rust and corrosion. However a custom coating that is engineered properly can make the equipment resist the oxidation process. This extends the life of the equipment, helps it operate more smoothly, and prevents contamination that’s caused by corrosion.
Custom coatings can bring just about any advantage you need them to. A quality coating company can engineer the perfect coating for your needs. Just tell them what you’re going to do with the coating and the types of circumstances it must be able to stand up to, whether it’s extreme hot or cold temperatures, corrosion, chemicals, oxidation, or something else. There is a coating that can fill all of your needs. It just takes the knowledge and experience of an expert to create it.
At Toefco, we are the coating customizers because we can engineer the perfect custom coating for you, no matter what type you need or what kind of application you need it for. We offer a wide range of coating types and use superior automated equipment during the application process so that you receive a quality coating every single time. With our process, any business can afford high quality custom coating. It’s our passion to creatively solve your coating problems, and we have the world class technology needed to back us up.