Choosing the Best Industrial Powder Coating Equipment
If you’re tasked with choosing new powder coating equipment, the task can seem to be quite daunting. Along the same lines, simply choosing a company that provides powder coating services can seem more difficult than it has to be. So how do you know a piece of quality powder coating equipment when you see one? Follow these tips:
- Start by considering why you need powder coating equipment. Would it be better for you to do it yourself, or should you contract out your powder coating needs? This process can be rather messy, so it’s important that you have the facility needed to do it. If you don’t have the space, you’re better off contracting with a provider who is certified in the type of coating you need.
- Quality powder coating guns should provide a consistent 100 KV.
- Look for a powder flow that is uniform so that it will be deposited uniformly on the items you are coating.
- Ease of use and maintenance should also be a consideration when choosing this type of equipment. Make sure that the manufacturer or retailer is easy to connect with if you have problems with your equipment.
- Look into the cost of replacement parts and general maintenance so that you can factor these costs into the overall ownership of the equipment.
So why are all of these things so important when you are choosing a piece of powder coating equipment? First of all, your main concern should be uniform application of the powder. If the gun doesn’t apply powder uniformly, then the end coating will be uneven. This is certainly not the type of result you want. Uneven coating uses more of the coating material than even coating does, and it also causes rejection of the part that’s being coated.
As a result, it will cost you far more to coat your parts than it would otherwise. A quality piece of powder coating equipment should keep your costs down. Don’t forget that regular maintenance of your equipment plays a major role in its operating cost, so being able to contact the manufacturer or retailer about your equipment easily and getting parts that are readily available are part of the equation. The less time your equipment is down, the more parts you will be able to turn out.
Of course not all pieces of equipment are the same, so you should weigh the pros and cons of each individual model and select the one that’s right for you and the type of projects you handle on a regular basis.
If you’re looking for a company that can provide coating application services for you, then be sure to ask them about the type of equipment they use. Remember that your number one concern should be that the equipment enables them to apply coatings evenly. This will ensure that you receive quality coating services each and every time.
When you know what to look for in powder coating equipment, the task of finding the right gun or the best company to do the job becomes much easier. By taking your time during the selection process, you’re sure to find quality equipment that will do a great job for you on every project.
The Best Industrial Powder Coating Equipment
Toefco uses only the best industrial powder coating equipment. In addition, they engineer coatings precisely to your specifications. They will start by consulting with you to figure out what your needs are and then engineer the coating you need. Call Toefco today to find out more about industrial powder coating equipment and how they can engineer the perfect industrial coating for you.